Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  Can't Stop Vinyl From Slipping!!!

vinylink
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Mar 2007 Posts: 2 Location: Hallsboro,North Carolina
I have a SM-30 cutter and the vinyl slips left to right when feeding. I can't make long runs cutting with this problem. Can someone please help! What can I do?

lynnie_mac
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem with mine. I'm not sure if tightening the levels is the right thing to do or if I should move them closer together.

Lynn
fliper56789
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
Hello, i also have the SM30 cutter, it works great! When having problems with alignment of material, try unrolling the amount of vinyl you need for your cut, plus just a bit more...... make sure when you insert it into the back of the machine, it is free of any obstructions, and also inserted as straight as possible! use you prefeed button to run a length of it out to see how straight it feeds! If it is feeding a bit to one side or the other, rather then good and straight, open just one of the pinch rollers and tweak (move the vinyl on this side just a bit in our out, not much just a little! reset your pinch roller and do a prefeed again.........you will soon see how this will either make you allignment better or worse......... soon it will become second nature, and you will be able to get great alignment fast. also as for pinch roller tension........all that is needed is just a bit more then it takes to keep your vinyl tight to the feed roller (and when pulling the vinyl it will want to turn the feed roller) Hope this helps.......