Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  WinPCSIGN Software  ~  Pop-up happens that just said “www.signmax.us”

For The Love of Ink
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
Purchased a 15” cutter and WinPCSIGN pro 2009 about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine until I updated the s/w when I was prompted to. Now every time I start the s/w it initializes to the point of showing me the work space, then a pop-up happens that just said “www.signmax.us” I click OK and shuts down completely. I have tried all the normal debug stuff, uninstall, clear the reg, reinstall without update, etc… but this error now ALWAYS happens. In addition, I believe the usb to serial adaptor that came with my package is DOA. I have tried on 3 different PCs none has recognized and the LEDs never light up. I am running VISTA will all the latest updates please help.
Pierre
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
So far we don't have any problem with Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit. Before we add a new update we always test it on many computers so our customers do not have problems. However if you have some troubles, we can quickly help you

If you get www.signmax.us it is because Windows Vista does not overwrite a file, so we recommend you to select REMOVE during the update installation, and re-install the update.
Please read the attached PDF:
http://www.signmax.us/Download/Update%20WinPCSIGN%20Pro%202009.pdf

If you are not able to install the update, we can send you a new CD-Rom of the latest WinPCSIGN version.

We always test the plotter's communication with the same cable that included in the package. Your cutter is a Serial connection , you can connect it directly to computer using COM1 port. If you don't have Serial connection on your computer, you can use the USB-Serial adapter. (both cables must be used) . This USB adapter is very easy to install. you need to select the driver CDMSetup.exe from CD-Rom, and Windows will automatically add a new com port to your computer, then connect your usb adapter and check the Com number from Windows Device managerr. Finally select that Com Port from Plotter Code on WinPCSIGN.

This movie can help you:
http://www.signmax.us/film/installusbadaptor/installusbadaptor.htm

After many tests of different USB-Serial adapter , we finally kept the one we generally send to our customers because it works very well with windows XP and Vista.

If you think the USB-Adapter is the problem , just send an email to signmax@signmax.us and we will send you another usb-adapter.
For The Love of Ink
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
THANK YOU...finally a real answer. I will get back to you.
For The Love of Ink
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
I did everything you asked and absolutely NO difference I can not run the software. How can you make the following statements “So far we don't have any problem with Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit.” There are about 45 complaints right NOW ON THE FORM with people getting really mad.
I have been trying to get an answer for someone for 4 DAY now…that means I have MADE NO MONEY FOR 4 DAYS. I tested and developed s/w for 10 years at Nortel so please answers my questions with respects. Some problems are harder then uninstall then install answer that I and everyone get.

I had it working fine with the serial port…then the update caused the issue. Which make you guy 100% legally liable for everyday I loose money. Just ask any commercial lawyer….I NEED THIS FIXED NOW if it can not be fixed in the next 24 hours I will take serious actions as you are breaking my Consumer Right #6. If you DELETE this post like my other ones then you are breaking my Consumer Right #3. I have many lawyers in the family that’s how I know this stuff…and what I got from you to what you advertised is misrepresentation. I have 2 days worth of support emails that clearly display unsatisfactory services. These claims can be filed from any internet connection….maybe I am going over board…buy how much have you made in the last 4 days????? Your other option is..and this is the only time I will offer this Send me 100% of my money back plus ship to send you cutter back and you won’t hear from me again!!!!! I strongly suggest you take this option.

6. Redress The right to be compensated for misrepresentation, shoddy goods or unsatisfactory services.
The responsibility to fight for the quality that should be provided. Take action by complaining effectively and refusing to accept shoddy workmanship.

3. Information
The right to be given the facts needed to make an informed choice, to be protected against misleading advertising or labelling. The responsibility to search out and use available information. To take action to read and follow labels and research before purchase.
Check it out for your self. http://www.consumerscouncil.com/index.cfm?pid=14859
For The Love of Ink
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote
Have you found a answer yet?
Pierre
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
I still dont understand your problem. Why did you ask us to send you another USB-Serial adapter , if you won't even wait to receive this part to test it?
We sent today a free tested USB-Serial Adapter via UPS, so you will receive it tomorrow.

I dont understand why you refused to fix this problem on the phone, we are in the same country
For The Love of Ink
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote
1.)I have 2 problems the USB adaptor was dead and the program will not run.
2.)I have received the new USB adaptor and it works- Thank you
3.)The program still shuts down after initialization show the pop up window.
4.)No phone call..as I am unable to speak properly after an accident.

Lets focus on #3
Ivan
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
We will send latest update of WinPCSIGN CD-Rom