Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  WinPCSIGN Software  ~  Corrupt Registry?

dan-d
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I have another topic regarding diagonal lines that isn't getting any responses. Can anybody help me with this problem? Somehow the registry seems to have gotten corrupted such that when I try to cut really small fonts, the plotter goes crazy and cuts from the top of each letter a 45 degree line about 24 inches across the vinyl. It does this every time, when logged into this user.

I have been able to prove and rectify the problem by removing the junior branch from the registry for the current user. When I put it back, the problem reoccurs. My machine has been stable, and I don't think it has hung recently. What I'm concerned is that perhaps I changed a setting in the program that is affecting how the plotter cuts. Or, is it safe to remove the junior key entirely, and continue to use the program?
Ivan
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Nothing to see with the register. This option is like a software reset.

This problem normally generate by the static during the cutting.
Reduce the speed , apply anti-static product, ground the machine, all will help you.
You can select from the software the function Sort objects from Options on Cutting Control Panel. This option will force the cutter to cut from left to right without back and forth. You can also select Advance from this same screen. This option avoid the cutter to return to X-Y zero position.

Last edited by Ivan on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

dan-d
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry to disagree with you. The problem I'm experiencing is very clearly something in the registry. When I log into the computer under a different user name, the problem will not be experienced. When I log back in to the user that has the problem, I always experience this problem with small fonts. It can't be the file itself, and it can't be static or a cable problem. I can print large or complicated images just fine.

If you don't have an obvious place to look, as I have time, I will diagnose which actual registry setting is the problem. I'll keep loading parts of the registry branch until I find the culprit. I was hoping you could direct me to the possible issue.