Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  erratic cutting and damaged graphics on CT -900

sportmarty
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote
Hello Just got our ct 900 with winpcpro ran a test print with the word test and everything came out fine

ran the full graphic on panel 201 and the cutter sometimes went too deep and pierced all the vinyl other times did not cut through vinyl and sometimes tore the viinyl off the backing and damaged all teh graphics. It seems most of the damage was done on the actual graphics and not on the text portions. Finally the last issue is that the graphic printed smaller than on screen dimensions.

The graphic sizing is 18X23.5 and the vinyl dimensions was listed as 20X24 what can I do

cut speed 70 press 120

Thanks
Sporty
Pierre
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
While it might not be common knowledge, static electricity buildup can lead to a plotter/cutter’s early demise.That static electricity is one of the main causes of plotter/cutter failure. “We usually see a significant increase in repairs during the winter months here in the Northeast when the air is dry,” he says, adding that a humidifier or a can of antistatic spray can help alleviate static buildup.
sportmarty
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:27 pm Post subject: Static
While it might not be common knowledge, static electricity buildup can lead to a plotter/cutter’s early demise.That static electricity is one of the main causes of plotter/cutter failure. “We usually see a significant increase in repairs during the winter months here in the Northeast when the air is dry,” he says, adding that a humidifier or a can of antistatic spray can help alleviate static buildup. "

I dont think this has anything to do for the inconsistent operation. It looks like the reply to my post may be for another issue... so my orginal question is still open for discussion.

Thanks
Sporty
kenb
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Myct 630 cuts erratically if I go above 50 for speed.
The vinyl size will be different than actual graphic because of weeding box size.
Ken
sportmarty
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Ken, thanks for your input... I reduced my pressure to 147 and cut speed to 30 and lettering and large items cut decent but the finer detail and quicker/sharper turns come up real rough and the edges of each of the letters tends to stick to the blade and dogear at the corners. What are your suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks
Jose
kenb
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:13 am Reply with quote
Pressure still seems high. I use about 100-120 for regular vinyl. For small text try a 60 degree blade. You can also play with the offset value.
Ken
sportmarty
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
kenb wrote:
Pressure still seems high. I use about 100-120 for regular vinyl. For small text try a 60 degree blade. You can also play with the offset value.
Ken

Ken,

I reduced the pressure to 120 and it cut partially the vinyl but not through the vinyl. I was unable to seperate the weed out as it was still connected to the vinyl. I guess 140-148 is the right pressure and the speed was 40 so maybe I can try the new blade angle. Does you know where to get the blades for ct-900 more local to california ?

Thanks
kenb
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I found mine on ebay..the name on the package says Global Molding
Dallas , TX phone 877-635-5296. I bought 37 degree and 56 degree blades from them. One of the 37's wasn't working well, new out of the box. ( so far I've only used 3 -37 + 1 - 56)
Is your machine new? the replaceable cutting strip may be worn out which could also cause skipping. Also, if you are using really cheap, thick vinyl( say 5 mils or more), the tolerance of the vinyl thickness may be a problem. I've had that happen to me. It is amazing at how much easier it is to weed hi-performance vinyl.
Cheers...
Ken Beyer
Signs That Work !
Eagle Bay, BC
PS..the static electricity thing is real