Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  NEWBIE To THE cutting plotter

CASPAR
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Hello All,
I purchased the 30" vinyl cut engraver it is a redsail from what i understand, software is winpcsign pro 14.0 Questions are
1. The sticky rolled up tape measure does it go on the machine and where exactly, what is its use?
2. Where can i find some good instructions for this plotter on how to use it, as i cant seem to get it to do right i.e. i design what i want to cut put the vinyl in and its over to the edge where the zero zero ref point is supposed to be but when i go to cutt it goes to far over and starts cutting.
3. What is the proper driver for this machine is it the Redsail RS800C ? Or what would the proper driver be?
BaiCam
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quote
1. The sticky rolled up tape measure does it go on the machine and where exactly, what is its use?
2. Where can i find some good instructions for this plotter on how to use it, as i cant seem to get it to do right i.e. i design what i want to cut put the vinyl in and its over to the edge where the zero zero ref point is supposed to be but when i go to cutt it goes to far over and starts cutting.
3. What is the proper driver for this machine is it the Redsail RS800C ? Or what would the proper driver be?
1.. The tape can go anywhere, it is not really a fixed option. If you prefer to see the distance thr carrier is travelling put it on the front starting at the right hand side. If you prefer to see the media width place it at the front from the left hand side. If you want it to help with alignment put it at the back again starting from the right (if your media is 12" wide then placing the back of the vinyl on the 12" marker should align it).

2.. This is more than likely your use of winPCSIGN rather than the plotter. You need to tell winPCSIGN what size your sign is and the orientaion before you start cutting. The media size is irrelevant.

3. All of the drivers for the Redsail are exactly the same.

Regards

Colin.
www.premiersign.co.uk Authorised distributors of Redsail cutters.